How to Change AirDrop Name on iPhone, iPad & Mac. You may wirelessly transfer files, including images, movies, and files, between Apple devices that are close to one another using the company’s exclusive technology called AirDrop. While AirDrop is useful, when you have two iPhones or Macs using the same Apple ID, it can occasionally be difficult to recognize other devices. And Apple gives you the option to customize your AirDrop moniker to make it simpler to identify devices and share files in order to address this issue. Learn how to modify your AirDrop name on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac by reading on it.
How to Change AirDrop Name on iPhone or iPad
Change AirDrop name on your iPhone used to be a little more difficult because it included editing your contact card. With iOS 16, Apple has simplified the procedure, as you only need to alter the name of your iPhone to have it reflected in your AirDrop. This is how:
1. Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Locate and tap the “General” section.
3. Here, tap the “About” option, then tap “Name.”
4. Now, tap the “X” icon to remove the current AirDrop name, then add the new Name, and tap Done.
How to Change AirDrop Name on Mac
Like the iPhone and iPad, changing the AirDrop name on a Mac is a simple process that only requires a few clicks. Here’s how to do it:
1. Launch the “System Settings” on your Mac.
2. Click the General from the left tab, then click the About option.
3. Now, Select your Current MacBook Name and type in the New Name.
And that’s it; this is how you can change AirDrop name on your Apple devices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to make AirDrop anonymous?
Unfortunately, you can’t make your AirDrop anonymous, but you can change your AirDrop name so others can’t identify you.
Is my AirDrop visible to everyone?
Apple has kept your AirDrop visibility confined to your contacts only, but you can change it to everyone from settings.
How do I change AirDrop settings?
Go to Settings -> General -> AirDrop