How to Craft a Decorated Pot in Minecraft 1.20. Ancient aspects have always been present in the game’s universe, whether you look at the new ancient cities in Minecraft or creatures like the skeletons. But now that Minecraft 1.20 has been updated, it has gained prominence because of the new archaeology system. It updates the game with new building blocks, a new tool, and several ornamented pots. The ornamented pots are a shining illustration of Minecraft’s creative potential, notwithstanding how thrilling these elements are. They will undoubtedly be a huge hit. Let’s immediately figure out how to create painted pots in Minecraft before these vintage objects become more commonplace.
How to Craft a Decorated Pot in Minecraft
Let’s check how to craft a decorated pot in Minecraft.
What Is a Decorated Pot in Minecraft
Decorated pots are ornamental blocks that are a part of the new archaeological elements in Minecraft 1.20, as their name indicates. They may be made with bricks or shards but do not naturally spawn in the environment. The decorative pots in Minecraft are meant to allow users to express themselves more creatively and go hand in hand with the new armor trimmings.
Each face of the pot may have a different symbol, allowing you a wide range of possibilities for how to design your constructions. The decorative pots also go nicely with many of the top Minecraft house designs because of their building block shape.
Types of Decorated Pots in Minecraft 1.20
Based on the symbols on their faces, you can divide decorated pots in Minecraft into 21 unique types:
- No symbol
- Angler (Fishing rod)
- Archer (Bow and arrow)
- Arms Up (Person with hands in the air)
- Blade (Sword)
- Brewer (Potion)
- Burn (Fire)
- Danger (Creeper)
- Explorer (Map)
- Friend (Villager)
- Heart (Heart)
- Heartbreak (Broken heart)
- Howl (Wolf)
- Miner (Pickaxe)
- Mourner (Warden)
- Plenty (Treasure chest)
- Prize (Diamond)
- Sheaf (Wheat)
- Shelter (Tree)
- Skull (Skeleton skull)
- Snort (Sniffer)
However, keep in mind that these types/ symbols are only reflected on one side of the pot. Since there are four unique sides to each pot, you can mix up different ingredients to create a pottery shard with four unique faces.
Items You Need to Make a Decorated Pot
You need the following items to make a decorated pot in Minecraft:
- 4 Pottery Shards (any)
- 4 Bricks
- 1 Crafting Table
In Minecraft, you must gather pottery shards if you wish to create a decorative pot with symbols on its face. You may get the same assistance from our linked guide. In the meanwhile, you need bricks if you want to make a typical ornamented pot without any insignia. Also keep in mind that when creating a pot, you may combine the bricks and ceramic fragments. In Minecraft, you have total creative control over how each pot face should seem.
Bricks are necessary to create a decorative pot without any symbols. So use these actions to quickly create a brick in Minecraft:
- To start, you must locate the clay bricks that Minecraft generates on the surface of rivers, ponds, and seas. Examining the ponds in the lush caverns biome is the quickest approach to locating them.
2. Next, smash the clay block with a hand or other object. When mined, each clay block spews out four clay balls.
3. Then, make a furnace in Minecraft and place it on a solid surface.
4. Finally, smelt your clay balls into bricks with the help of that furnace. You can use any fuel for the purpose.
Decorated Pots in Minecraft: Crafting Recipe
Following the instructions below, you may create a painted pot in the Minecraft 1.20 update now that you have all the necessary materials:
- To begin, right-click or use the secondary action key to access your crafting table.
2. Then, place a pottery shard or a brick in the middle of the topmost and bottommost rows of the crafting area.
3. Lastly, to complete the recipe, leave the middle cell vacant and add a brick or pottery shard to either side of the middle row of the crafting area. Both a group of bricks and a group of pottery shards can be used with this recipe. You may also combine them.
Congratulations! In Minecraft, you’ve unlocked a tonne of brand-new, intriguing ornamental blocks. All that’s left to do is use them to create the greatest Minecraft farms and amazing house designs. We advise you to build a new Minecraft house for the Sniffer if you want to utilize them in conjunction with the archaic theme. In exchange, the Sniffer will assist you in locating old seeds for a few special Minecraft plants. But it is a very separate topic. Which ornamented pot style do you like right now? Tell us in the remarks section below!
Read More: How to Easy Make a Brush in Minecraft – 2023