How to Install iOS 17 on your iPhone. Apple unveils the newest version of iOS (the operating system for the iPhone) at WWDC every June. While consumers are informed of all the new features the new operating system offers, the majority must wait until September to actually use them. You can sign up for Apple’s Beta program and download iOS 17 Beta on your iPhone if you don’t want to wait long to try out all the new features in iOS 17.
How to Install iOS 17 Developer Beta on iPhone
You must first sign up for an Apple developer account, which costs $99 annually, in order to install iOS 17 Developers Beta on your iPhone. The benefit of a developer account is that iOS 17 will initially be released to developers so they may test their apps’ compatibility with iOS 17. After all, as they say, good things never come for free.
Before iOS 16.4, accessing beta updates required downloading and activating a beta profile on your iPhone. As of iOS 16.4, all you have to do to access the opportunity to download the most recent beta is sign up for Apple’s Developer Programme using your Apple ID. To install iOS 17 developers beta on your iPhone, follow these instructions:
- Download the Developers app (Free) from the App Store.
2. In the Developers app, go to the Account tab and Sign in using your Apple ID.
3. Once logged in, tap Enroll Now, then tap Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Next, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
5. Here, tap on Beta Updates and select iOS 17 Developer Beta.
5. Now, go back to the “Update” screen and tap the “Download and Install” button under the “iOS 17 Developer Beta” banner.
Note: The iOS 17 developer beta is approximately 2.70GB in size, according to our testing. The installation of iOS 17 takes about 15-20 minutes, although your experience may differ depending on your internet connection.
Note: Unexpectedly, customers who haven’t created a developer account are now able to download the iOS 17 developer beta via the “Software Update” section. On our iPhone 12 Pro, we discovered this peculiarity, and we had no trouble downloading the beta for free. So, before paying Apple $99, we advise you to check the update area.
How to Install iOS 17 Public Beta on iPhone
Users of the Public Beta must wait four weeks following the release of the Developer Beta, in contrast to the Developers Beta. Additionally, Apple has stated that the public beta for iOS 17 will launch in July 2023. Users who aren’t developers but wish to try out and test the newest features can participate in the Public Beta program. On your iPhone, follow these instructions to install iOS 17 Public Beta:
1. Go to the Apple Beta Program website and sign in using the same Apple ID as your iPhone.
2. Here, click Enroll Your Devices.
3. Then, locate and move to the iOS tab. Now, you can enroll your iPhone for iOS 17 public beta updates.
4. Next, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update on your iPhone.
5. Here, tap the Beta Updates tab and select iOS 17 Public Beta.
6. Then, you will see the option to “Download and Install” iOS 17 public beta on your iPhone.
iOS 17 Compatible iPhones
Apple typically provides iPhone owners with five years of OS updates, and iOS 17 is no exception. This indicates that iOS 17 will be available to iPhone XS or newer iPhone users. Unfortunately, the reliable iPhone X wasn’t chosen this time. Here is the full list of iPhones that are compatible with iOS 17:
- iPhone 14, 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, 13 Mini
- iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, 12 Mini
- iPhone 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS, XS Max
- iPhone SE (2020 & 2022)