How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp. Sometimes when participating in a WhatsApp chat, you may come across messages, memes, movies, or other content that you want to store for later use. The ability to star communications allows you to save particular messages for subsequent review. However, the star messages might quickly fill up and force you to go back and read through older talks.
Another answer to this has long been provided by WhatsApp, but it has been concealed and is not readily available to everyone. The “message yourself” tool, a helpful addition to WhatsApp’s feature set, is now available to all users on the messaging giant owned by Meta. Let me walk you through the process of “messaging yourself” on WhatsApp if you’ve spotted this new tool in the contacts window or want to learn how to quickly save notes, photographs, and more.
How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp (2022)
How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp. A workaround to initiate a discussion with oneself in the messaging app is included in addition to the official technique recently introduced by WhatsApp. So with that said, let’s get started with How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp.
Use the Message Yourself Feature on WhatsApp
The message yourself option is nothing new for WhatsApp power users. It’s been possible to use the WhatsApp URL link to send messages to your own phone number for a very long time. The firm has now incorporated the tool into its messaging app because not everyone wants to utilize a URL to start using it. The message yourself feature in WhatsApp for iPhone and Android may be found and used as follows:
- Open WhatsApp and select “New Chat” from the list of available options. You can find your own phone number in the contacts list with the caption “Message yourself.”
Note: To avoid having to see your phone number in the chat window, proceed to the next step and follow the process as directed after tapping on your contact number to start the chat.
- Although going to the “Contacts” app on your iPhone or Android phone is optional, we recommend it. the device with your personal phone number saved.
- By storing your phone number, you will be able to see the contact name in the “message yourself” chat, which will make it simpler for you to remember it. Using this chat window, you can now text yourself reminders, to-do lists, or files to share across the web and mobile.
- You can also simply touch the “advance” button next to any images or videos you want to keep in a chat window anytime you want to. Then, choose the “message yourself” chat from WhatsApp’s contacts list.
- That’s all there is to it! I’ve started sending screenshots of articles to myself in the “message yourself” chat, as you can see above. Then, I have access to them using WhatsApp Web. I even use this chat window to exchange crucial information such as meeting notes and important thoughts. In this chat, you may even leave yourself voicemails.
Make a Solo WhatsApp Group to Message Yourself
How to Message Yourself on WhatsApp with the group. Even though the message is currently being distributed to all WhatsApp users worldwide, you can still create a bookmarks chat using this workaround. Let’s have a look at this well-known trick that many people have been employing for years:
- First, hit the “New Chat” icon in the bottom right corner. Next, on the following page, choose “New Group.”
- At this point, include just one member in the new group you’ve established. It may be a close friend or your backup phone number. After that, give the group a name (I called mine Saved Messages because I use it to bookmark texts, photographs, and videos) and press the “checkmark” icon in the bottom right corner.
- To access the group’s settings page after it has been formed, touch on the group’s name at the top of the screen. A list of participants can be found on the group settings page. Long-press the name of the participant who is sitting opposite you in this situation.
- After long-pressing the participant name, select “Remove [participant name]” from the context menu that appears. Then, click “OK” to confirm your action in the pop-up box.
- At this point, you are the sole user in this chat, as shown in the screenshots below. You may SMS yourself messages, and store memes, videos, and other content with this WhatsApp group chat without inviting any other users.
I typically use the bookmarks group to share critical content using WhatsApp across the web and on mobile devices. With WhatsApp Web, I can share a photo from my phone and download it to my PC. Quite useful, no?
Read More: Message Search my date on WhatsApp
Read More: WhatsApp Image Blurring Tool
How to delete an account on Windows 11 – Best to Expert
How to Delete Crunchyroll Account Permanently in 3 steps- Best to Expert
No Comment! Be the first one.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.