How to screen record with snipping tool in Windows 11 is a new feature. Microsoft is including a native screen recording feature in Windows 11 at long last. Users who wanted to record the screen on Windows 11 for the longest time had to rely on the Xbox Game Bar and other third-party applications. However, you can now easily record the screen in Windows 11 thanks to the new Snipping Tool upgrade. The new update is already available for Dev channel users, but you can also use the MSIXBundle package provided below to install the new utility on stable releases. Without further ado, let’s learn how to use Windows 11’s Snipping Tool to record screen activity.
How to screen record with snipping tool
This guide includes comprehensive instructions for setting up the new Snipping tool on Windows 11. If the new tool is no longer necessary for you, you can follow our instructions to revert to the previous version.
Install the New Snipping Tool With Screen Recording on Windows 11
Screen record with snipping tool we need to update it fist. Let me make it clear that the new Snipping tool is currently buggy before you install it. Since this is the first public release and was solely intended for Dev users in the Insider channel, everything is how it should be. The brand-new Snipping tool occasionally throws errors and won’t start the recording. To provide you with some information about the screen recording functionality, it presently only allows exports in the 30FPS MP4 (H.264) format.
The ability to record the microphone, device audio, system sounds, or add a camera view is not available in addition to that. Basically, the app is now quite basic but should improve in upcoming updates. We will notify you as soon as new package updates are available. So, adhere to the instructions below if you wish to use Snipping Tool’s screen recording feature.
- First, click this link to download the updated Snipping Tool. Since none of the vendors reported the package as dangerous when we ran a VirusTotal scan on it, it is safe to use.
- After that, make sure that Windows 11 File Explorer displays file extensions. In the top menu bar, select View -> Show -> File name extensions to accomplish this.
- After that, give the file a new name that ends with
- Doing so will cause the downloaded file to automatically begin the installer when you double-click it. It has identified the outdated Snipping Tool and offered to update it, as you can see here.
- Just click “Update,” and your Windows 11 PC will be equipped with the new Snipping Tool with screen recording capabilities.
- Open it after installation. You can locate the updated Snipping Tool’s version number, 11.2211.35.0, on the tool’s settings page.
- Switch to the “Record” option and then click the “New” button to capture the screen using the Snipping tool on Windows 11.
- A 3-second timer will start once you’ve chosen the region you wish to record. To start recording your screen, click “Start.”
- To stop the screen capture, click the “Stop” button at the top. You can also select to delete the recording by clicking the “trash” button.
- After this, the Snipping Tool will launch. It might display a warning about a bad file path but disregard it. To save the screen recording in the desired area, click the “Save” button here in the top right corner.
- Next, you may use Windows 11 File Explorer to play or share the screen recording.
Uninstall the Latest Snipping Tool
- Click “Snipping Tool” on the Start Menu’s right-click menu. Choose “App settings” from the context menu after that.
- Down here, select “Uninstall” by scrolling down. Snipping Tool will be eliminated from your computer as a result.
- Next, search for “Snipping Tool” on the Microsoft Store. For a direct link to the app listing on the Microsoft Store, click here.
- Go ahead and put the Snipping Tool’s stable version on your Windows 11 computer. The older, screen recorder-less version of Snipping Tool is available from the Store.
Read More: 8 Best Screen Recorders for Linux
Read more: How to make Windows look like MAC
How to Create WhatsApp Avatar and share with Friends
No Comment! Be the first one.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.